Virtual Convention ScholarshipDOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Background of Program
The BOMA Austin Board of Directors (“Board”) approved creation of a program to provide scholarships for professional education at conferences and meetings hosted by BOMA International.
- Application must be submitted by June 15th, 2020.
- Scholarship valued at $225
- Number of Scholarships available will be based on funds available (minimum of 2)
- The scholarship award will be used to attend the Virtual BOMA International Conference.
- Applicant must be a Regular Member representative in BOMA Austin for at least one year.
- Applicant’s current year dues must be in paid in full and the company doesn’t have any other outstanding invoices due and payable.
- Applicant must be actively serving on a local committee or have served on a committee within the 365 days prior to application of scholarship. The Board may choose to waive this requirement for applicants who have shown a commitment to BOMA in ways other than committee service but in that event, the recipient must, within 3 months of scholarship approval, join and actively participate in at least one BOMA Austin committee for one year. Failure to do so may be a basis for future scholarship requests to be declined.
- Applicant has not received a scholarship award within the last three (3) years to attend a conference or meeting. Receipt of scholarship awards within the last three (3) years for the BOMI designation courses or the BOMA International education courses.
- Recipient is required to attend education sessions and/or events including but not limited to:
- One education session in every session time block during convention schedule
- Virtual Exhibit Hall
- TOBY award webcast.
- Recipients are required to write an article about the conference as a whole and include specific information of the education sessions attended. The article is due to the BOMA office by the 15th of the month following the conclusion of the conference so it can be published in the Newsletter and/or website. (August 15th, 2020)
The scholarship funding will be distributed as registrations are made for the conference. Receipts will be required to submit to verify costs. Applicant for the scholarship acknowledges failure to attend the courses/classes/sessions required for the scholarship's grant is grounds for BOMA to request a total refund of the scholarship value for failure to fulfill conditions precedent to the obligation to fund.